Aims of the EAL Department
- To promote achievement in all areas of the curriculum
- To promote integration in all aspects of school life
- To celebrate cultural diversity
- To develop links with the ethnic and wider community
- To raise awareness of EAL issues across the curriculum
- To expand the Extended Learning programme to include both EAL classes and minority language classes for students and their families
EAL (English as an Additional Language) Option at Key Stage 4
- This course is designed for pupils whose first language is not English.
- It will cater for pupils new to the language as well as more advanced learners of English.
- It will raise pupils’ level of English in all skill areas: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- It will help pupils improve attainment across all subjects